1. Blue's Clues. LOVES Blue. He sits, enamored, through each episode....and consistently sits in his thinking chair and thinks. He sings the songs, he has the notebook (thanks to Aunt Kat) and thanks to Daddy, has a Blue's Clues t-shirt. It's for real.
2. Elmo. No, not Sesame Street, he won't watch that for a second! Just Elmo!
My mom got him Elmo slippers way back in November, and it was love at first sight. And don't worry, since then, we've added to the Elmo collection. Now there's the Elmo shirt, Elmo notebooks, Elmo plates, Elmo bubble bath, and I even, shamefully, bought this hideous bathing suit for Jack to wear this summer.
Nineteen months ago, I would have SWORN that anyone who bought something like this for their kid was crazy....and here I am, buying this tragic bathing suit, knowing it will bring the hugest smile to my son's face. I can't even believe it's folded neatly in his drawer. Jack loves "Melmo" and carried the bathing suit around for an hour, repeating "Melmo!" over and over again. What can I say! The kid loves Elmo!
3. The slide at the park down the street.
If we go to the park for 10 minutes, it's 10 minutes of sliding. If we go the park for an hour, it's an hour of sliding. Climb up the stairs, tromp across the bridge, slide down the slide, walk to the stairs, climb up the stairs, tromp across the bridge, slide down the slide, walk to the stairs, climb up the stairs, tromp across the bridge, slide down the slide, walk to the stairs....on and on!
4. Cheese. At every meal, Jack asks for "chee". Never enough chee. Grilled cheese, macaroni and cheese, cheese cubes, cheese slices.....it's like crack.
5. Veggie puree packs. Yes, we've moved from making them work to LOVING them! He polishes one off in a matter of seconds and then asks for more. To which I respond, "you owe me $3."
6. Being outside. Loves the park, the zoo, the backyard...I'm convinced he could stay out there all day and love it! I'm a pretty big outside fan, too, so that works for me!
7. The Fresh Beat Band. If it's not Blue's Clues, it's "Beat". Fresh Beat Band is a show about kids in music school, so there's lots of dancing, lots of singing, lots of guitar playing, and Jack is a big fan. He has a plethora of musical instruments of his own to play along with, but most of the time he just stands motionless in front of the TV, every once in a while, bobbing to the beat. Jeff and I might be working on learning a "fresh" dance or two...
PS, if you're a Days of Our Lives watcher, the red head should look familiar to you.....it's the old Stephanie!
8. Monk. Seems obvious, but what would a list of favorites be with out Monk??? Love isn't even a strong enough word. There aren't words. And by the way, if you're a mom and haven't watched Toy Story 3 yet....get your Kleenex box and settle in. All I can say is Monk = Woody.
So, that, in a nutshell, is a few of Jack's favorite things.