Indian giver...part 2

So, remember back when I was bragging on how well Jack slept?  I was so proud that he was such a great sleeper, rarely woke up at night, and when he did, he just went right back to sleep? 


Well, I guess we're making up for lost time. 


Here's what our over night looks like lately:
8:00 - last bottle, and he literally falls asleep while I'm burping him and goes right to bed.  He's obviously tired.
1:00 - Awake!  Not awake and crying, just awake.  Talking, scooching around in his crib...and this goes on for about an hour.  Every once in a while he'll fuss, but pretty much just talking.  When I go in to put his paci in (remember, that used to do the trick!) he just smiles kicks his legs in excitement to see me, and tries his best to tell me what's goin' on!  He's so happy to see me...
2:30 - Back to sleep.  FINALLY!  And that's after probably 5 trips into his room to cross my fingers and pop the paci in. 
3:30 - Back awake.  Again, not too fussy, just awake!!  And a trip into his room every 15 minutes to try the paci. 
4:15 - Back asleep. 
5:00 - Back awake.  This time he had a sleep transfer into the swing...which I try really hard not to use as a crutch!  He sleeps so well in that swing...I don't know what we'll do when he's too big for it.  Selfishly, I would love to plop him in that thing at 1am and head back to bed for a good solid night's sleep, but I know that in the long run, it's best to just forge through this crazy sleepless time, teaching him to fall back asleep on his own, in his own time, and not try to solve it with something like the swing that will work for such a short time, teaching him to rely on something to soothe him back to sleep. 

As with everything with Jack so far, I know that this is a phase, and will not last forever (thankgoodness) so that's what I chant to myself as I trudge back and forth through the night.

Honestly, I love him so much, that I might be slightly annoyed as I walk the short distance to his room, but when I peek over the rail of that crib and see his sweet smile and excited kick of the legs, I can't be annoyed anymore!

0 comments: